Garden Season in Boston
National Gardens & Parks Day May 11, 2012 (the day before Mother’s Day) kicks off Garden & Park Festivals Season in and around Boston, Massachusetts, with events ranging from “Hidden Gardens of Beacon Hill” to the Rhododendron Festival at Heritage Museum & Gardens in Sandwich, Massachusetts.
Here are some highlights for Road Trips Gardeners traveling in New England this spring.
- The 104th Lilac Sunday Celebration is May 13, 2012, in Harvard Univeristy’s Arnold Arboretum.
- Tour date for the 83rd Hidden Gardens of Beacon Hill Tour is May 17, 2012, in Boston, Massachusetts.
- The Rhododendron Festival at Heritage Gardens & Museums in Sandwich, Massachusetts, runs May 19 through 27, 2012.
- The annual Gardener’s Fair Massachusetts Horticultural Elm Bank in Wellesley, Massachusetts, is May 20, 2012.
- It’s the 23rd year for the Garden Tour sponsored by the Concord Museum in Concord, Massachusetts, set for June 1 and 2, 2012.
- A Spring Garden Tour takes place June 3 and 4, 2012, in Hopkinton, Massachusetts.
- The 19th South End Garden Tour Day takes place June 16, 2012. Starting point is the Boston Center For the Arts.
- The annual Garden Tour in Rockport, Massachusetts, is July 7 and 8, 2012.
- The 16th Massachusetts Marketplace is August 4, 2012, at the Massachusetts Horticultural Elm Bank in Wellesley.
(Photo courtesy of Hidden Gardens of Beacon Hill)